About the IPIA
International Professional Image Association
We are registered as a non-profit company and our goal is to help you:
- Gain credibility in the minds of existing and potential clients
- Meet new people in the image related industry that can contribute to your business
- Grow your business with knowledge from our conferences and newsletters
- Belong to a network of image professionals that can share their skills
- Share your opinion about image/business related subjects with other professionals and receive advice as well
- Have the opportunity to attend conferences where you can network, market yourself and expand your business
- Have access to a monthly newsletter that updates you with the latest in the image and wellness industry
- Gain publicity from appearing on the IPIA Website to promotes your business
- By issuing an IPIA certificate to make you more credible in the image field
- Use the IPIA logo along with your own brand that recognizes exceptional service and professionalism
New businesses can benefit from the knowledge and familiarity from those that are more experienced.
The IPIA encourages all individuals and businesses that share our passion for everything related to the image industry, to make a decision today and to enrol for membership with the IPIA.
Membership fees are R700 per year for an Individual membership (a monthly payment option for individual memberships is available during checkout), and R 2500 per year for a Corporate membership.
How the IPIA Started
When APICSA (founded in 1998) and PIAA (founded in 2008) joined forces to form one powerhouse organisation, a group of image professionals in 2020 saw the need for a body to connect image professionals, encourage collaboration and provide a platform for networking and sharing of ideas. From this the IPIA was born.
The IPIA not only serves image consultants in South Africa, but all professionals that work in the Image industry across the globe.
The image industry includes professionals such as fashion designers or buyers, stylists, image consultants, fashion journalists, beauticians, hair-stylists, make-up artists, dieticians, wellness and fitness instructors, plastic surgeons, bridal consultants and more.
Many areas of expertise have associations or groups that businesses or individuals can belong to in order to connect, collaborate and create. The IPIA provides such a platform for the various professionals within the image industry.